Monday, November 24, 2014

Dear Brothers


To my Black Brothers by blood and by spirit:

I wanted to let you know in case you didn't hear it today but I love you. You in your graduation cap, construction hat, hoodie, baseball cap. All the things you are and all the things you do, I love you.

There is a world that will tell you that you are not worthy of love or justice. There is a world that will tell you that your life has no value or worth. There is a world that will label you, judge you, call you names, tear you down - but I will fight that, because I love you. 

They will try to justify hurting you, they will try to explain away the injustice you will face, they will try to villanize you long after your gone - I will fight that too, because I love you. 

You are the original Kings. You may not sit on your throne here but there is one waiting for you. In the meantime, I will fight for you, I will lift you, I will hold you, I will love you, always. 


1 comment:

  1. Bulaong, this is beautiful. Thank you. I'll be sharing this with my mentees this evening.

    ReplyDelete