Monday, March 3, 2014

7lbs Gone: How Changing my Food is Changing my Body

Last week I went to Cache to try on a dress for an event I went to on Saturday. Now, I own a couple dresses from Cache, all in a size 2 so of course it came as a surprise when not one but two Cache employees grabbed the back of the dress I was trying on in an attempt to zip me in it (it was a no-go and super embarrassing)

It has been something I have known and realized for a while but continually deny as I try to squeeze myself into clothes from college and grad school- I am no longer a size 2. Granted I haven't gained that much weight over the years but I have gotten a little lazy with my eating habits and exercise. I have had to adjust the way I think about food, clothes, and my body from being satisfied to being ecstatic about the way I look and feel.

It started about a week an a half ago, I decided to cut processed food and carbs out of my diet. I had heard about Paleo and thought it would be a good way to start eating healthier and really paying attention to what I put into my body. In a matter of four days, just cutting carbs and processed foods out of my diet, and an occasional trip to the gym (because I still have a hard time getting myself to workout) I had lost four pounds.


Last Wednesday, I started Herbalife where I replace two meals a day with a healthy shake filled with veggies, fruits, and two scoops of this:
Since beginning Herbalife and the awesome purchase of Just Dance 2014 (which I use as my cardio)  I have lost another 3lbs- and yes, if you have been calculating that is 7lbs in just a week and a half.

I feel like I have more energy, I sleep so much better, not to mention I looked pretty awesome in my dress this past weekend. 

Its amazing how much your body and health transforms just by eating right and working out. It is all about self-control and disciple (and I wont lie I cheated and have Five Guys and Chipotle twice in that week and a half but!... I had a bunless burger and a burrito bowl with no burrito)

Is is a slow process  but also a fun one with the support of family and friends. I am currently working to help my mom lose her goal of 100lbs, to get healthy and in shape. It is not about dieting it is about changing your lifestyle... are you ready to make some changes in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment